Reaction: UDP-α-D-glucose + [procollagen]-(5R)-5-O-(β-D-galactosyl)-5-hydroxy-L-lysine = UDP + [procollagen]-(5R)-5-O-[α-D-glucosyl-(1→2)-β-D-galactosyl]-5-hydroxy-L-lysine
Other name(s): galactosylhydroxylysine glucosyltransferase; collagen glucosyltransferase; collagen hydroxylysyl glucosyltransferase; galactosylhydroxylysyl glucosyltransferase; UDP-glucose-collagenglucosyltransferase; uridine diphosphoglucose-collagen glucosyltransferase; UDP-glucose:5-(D-galactosyloxy)-L-lysine-procollagen D-glucosyltransferase; UDP-glucose:(5R)-5-O-(β-D-galactosyl)-5-hydroxy-L-lysine-[procollagen] D-glucosyltransferase
Systematic name: UDP-α-D-glucose:[procollagen]-(5R)-5-O-(β-D-galactosyl)-5-hydroxy-L-lysine 2-α-D-glucosyltransferase (configuration-retaining)
Comments: Probably involved in the synthesis of carbohydrate units in complement (cf. EC 184.108.40.206 procollagen galactosyltransferase).
Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, KEGG, Metacyc, CAS registry number: 9028-08-4
1. Bosmann, H.B. and Eylar, E.H. Attachment of carbohydrate to collagen. Isolation, purification and properties of the glucosyl transferase. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 30 (1968) 89-94. [PMID: 5637038]
2. Bosmann, H.B. and Eylar, E.H. Collagen-glucosyl transferase in fibriblasts transformed by oncogenic viruses. Nature 218 (1968) 582-583. [PMID: 4968368]
3. Butler, W.T. and Cunningham, L.W. Evidence for the linkage of a disaccharide to hydroxylysine in tropocollagen. J. Biol. Chem. 241 (1966) 3882-3888. [PMID: 4288358]
4. Kivirikko, K.I. and Myllyla, R. In: Hall, D.A. and Jackson, D.S. (Eds.), International Review of Connective Tissue Research, vol. 8, Academic Press, New York, 1979, p. 23.
5. Sricholpech, M., Perdivara, I., Nagaoka, H., Yokoyama, M., Tomer, K.B. and Yamauchi, M. Lysyl hydroxylase 3 glucosylates galactosylhydroxylysine residues in type I collagen in osteoblast culture. J. Biol. Chem. 286 (2011) 8846-8856. [PMID: 21220425]