Reaction: ATP + 1D-myo-inositol 3,4,5,6-tetrakisphosphate = ADP + 1D-myo-inositol 1,3,4,5,6-pentakisphosphate
For diagram click here.
Other name(s): 1D-myo-inositol-tetrakisphosphate 1-kinase; inositol-trisphosphate 6-kinase; 1D-myo-inositol-trisphosphate 6-kinase; ATP:1D-myo-inositol-1,3,4-trisphosphate 6-phosphotransferase; inositol-trisphosphate 5-kinase; 1D-myo-inositol-trisphosphate 5-kinase; ATP:1D-myo-inositol-1,3,4-trisphosphate 5-phosphotransferase
Systematic name: ATP:1D-myo-inositol-3,4,5,6-tetrakisphosphate 1-phosphotransferase
Comments: This enzyme also phosphorylates Ins(1,3,4)P3 on O-5 and O-6. The phosphotransfer from ATP to either inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate or inositol 3,4,5,6-tetrakisphosphate appears to be freely reversible to the extent that the enzyme can act like an inositol polyphosphate phosphatase in the presence of ADP. It can also catalyse an isomerization between Ins(1,3,4,5)P4 and Ins(1,3,4,6)P4 in the presence of ADP. The enzymes from animals and plants also have the activity of EC 188.8.131.52, inositol-1,3,4-trisphosphate 5/6-kinase.
Links to other databases: BRENDA, EXPASY, KEGG, Metacyc, PDB, CAS registry number: 187175-98-0
1. Stephens, L.R., Hawkins, P.T., Morris, A.J. and Downes, P.C. L-myo-Inositol 1,4,5,6-tetrakisphosphate (3-hydroxy)kinase. Biochem. J. 249 (1988) 283-292. [PMID: 2829850]
2. Balla, T., Guillemette, G., Baukal, A.J. and Catt, K. Metabolism of inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate to a new tetrakisphosphate isomer in angiotensin-stimulated adrenal glomerulosa cells. J. Biol. Chem. 262 (1987) 9952-9955. [PMID: 3497156]
3. Shears, S.B., Parry, J.B., Tang, E.K.Y., Irvine, R.F., Michell, R.H. and Kirk, C.J. Metabolism of D-myo-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate by rat liver, including the synthesis of a novel isomer of myo-inositol tetrakisphosphate. Biochem. J. 246 (1987) 139-147. [PMID: 2823793]
4. Shears, S.B. The pathway of myo-inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate phosphorylation in liver. Identification of myo-inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate 6-kinase, myo-inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate 5-kinase, and myo-inositol 1,3,4,6-tetrakisphosphate 5-kinase. J. Biol. Chem. 264 (1989) 19879-19886. [PMID: 2584198]
5. Yang, X. and Shears, S.B. Multitasking in signal transduction by a promiscuous human Ins(3,4,5,6)P4 1-kinase/Ins(1,3,4)P3 5/6-kinase. Biochem. J. 351 (2000) 551-555. [PMID: 11042108]
6. Ho, M.W., Yang, X., Carew, M.A., Zhang, T., Hua, L., Kwon, Y.U., Chung, S.K., Adelt, S., Vogel, G., Riley, A.M., Potter, B.V. and Shears, S.B. Regulation of Ins(3,4,5,6)P4 signalling by a reversible kinase/phosphatase. Curr. Biol. 12 (2002) 477-482. [PMID: 11909533]